Monday, May 27, 2019

Make time to craft

So I haven't posted in a while because I started a new job in February and have been too tired to craft much. It was harder than I thought to get back into the groove of waking up early, commuting to work, actually working, then to commute back home and cook dinner. I'm not complaining, just say I felt too tired from the new routine to craft.

Then work got stressful. Suddenly there was too much to do and not enough hours in the day. Then I was really too tried to craft. But last Monday I decided I needed a mental break so I decided to take the following Friday off (the friday of Memorial Day weekend). Most of my bosses were still going to be in the office that day but I was hoping the day would be quieter and I wouldn't get too behind on work.

It was a great day off, I slept in late (meaning my alarm didn't wake me), I did a #mysterystamping challenge on facebook, went to the movies, did some more crafting. I was so relaxed, if only I was independently wealthy so I could do these things every day.

But new resolution, make time to craft. It doesn't have to be every day but often enough. Crafting allows me to relax and not think (read: dwell) about work.

I made quite a few cards this weekend and while I'll post them all over the next few days, here's the one I just finished.  I was inspired by the #mysterystamping challenge I did on Friday because we were encouraged to color in our stamped images. It reminded me how much I like to use my Stampin' Blends. This card is actually CASED from a card on page 131 of the new Stampin' Up! catalog (sorry, can't show you that imagine just yet).



Supplies Used

No comments:

Post a Comment