Sunday, November 10, 2019

LeakyCon

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan... or so I thought. I recently found out there was an entire convention devoted to #Potterheads and it was going to be in Boston, easy to get to from NY so I bought tickets to go. After attending I discovered that yes, I'm a Harry Potter fan but not nearly as big a fan as I thought. There were people there who had these amazing, homemade costumes. There were people there who have attended all ten years of the LeakyCon conventions and there were people there who could quote all the movies and all the books. It was amazing interacting with this community of fans who could understand and appreciate any Harry Potter reference I made.

About a week before the convention I found out that attendees swap ribbons and other items with each other. It was too late to have ribbons made but I finally had an excuse to use all the Harry Potter themed stamps in my possession. I decided to make bookmarks since Harry Potter fans are very likely to still read books. I made the book marks in four colors to represent the four houses of Hogwarts.

LeakyCon Bookmarks

Supplies Used

No comments:

Post a Comment