Sunday, August 12, 2018

Second Post...Another Challenge


Copy and paste our badge for your blog!




  

It's been over a week since my first post and in that time, I've thought of countless things I wanted to post here...but I'm trying to pace myself.

Today's post is a response to the Freshly Made Sketches # 349 Challenge. 

When I first saw this sketch, I thought, "no problem, this is going to be easy," and then I didn't know what to do. So many people were submitting cards to this challenge and I was worried that my submission would never be as good.  I was worried about how I would make mine card standout.  So I spent my weekend working on tons of other cards, thinking that I would come back to this when inspiration struck.

And then, at the ninth hour (it was actually after 9pm on Sunday night), I decided it was time to put stamp to paper...whatever came out of the process, I'm here to have a good time and avoid doing the dishes.


In the end, it's a simple card but I love this paper and embossing powder so much.  I don't think the picture does the embossing powder justice as it has flecks of different colors in it.

Supplies Used

4 comments:

  1. I love how you were inspired (and that you could avoid the dishes!) Your sentiment strip and the background work just perfectly together! Welcome to the world of card blogging - it's a wonderful place to be! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DSP is the perfect backdrop and the embossed sentiment is beautiful! Enjoy blogging and I hope you join us again at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love how your crafty time gets you away from doing the dishes! I think that must be everyone's goal! All your thinking really paid off because this card is stunning. The starry background looks fantastic with your sparkly sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches. I hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! I love that background with your gorgeous embossed sentiment. Such a pretty card this is! Thrilled that you joined us this week at FMS and hope to see you again soon. (and I agree with Jen above...card making over dishes any day!!)

    ReplyDelete